Sunday, February 8, 2009

Conversational Thoughts through Time

Ive decided not be so composed about my words as i used to be, writing should flow from the heart but i suppose sometimes need structure but not always.

I am in a very new place, only one more project to do in college then I am straight into my dissertation on River Management. Time is ticking by to my last days in DIT and it is sad but also pretty cool at the same time. I have realised that I love solitude, been on my own gives me time and energy to focus on my thoughts, ideas and what I need or want to do. BUT I also love hives of activity, helping people in volunteering circles. Its what drives me to be passionate about life.

I hear many people saying they live for the weekend, I dont get this, I live for EVERY day as each brings something strange and unique that makes you frown, smile or cringe.

Life is definitely moving along at a fair pace for me. I have just spent a bit of time typing ideas for the DIT Green Week this year when I should have been doing a Risk Management case study. Its strange what and how we spend our time doing.

I was on a lunch date today with a girl I met a week ago, went ok, but that spark wasnt there, that moment you can chill and just talk about whatever. The conversation went ways and directions I couldnt turn back from, many holes were dug, but I dont feel so bad about it because I have realised that some people are compatible for short periods of time and others for life time.

I 'looking for anything, just to meet some really interesting people and talk, the topic of conversation has been lost in this dying Celtic Tiger economy. Somewhere between double vodka and redbull and hammered. The need for people to get blotto incenses me as it induces a very different type of person to come leaping forth from a person. The same is true of me, I do not like the very drunk me as I forget names and the detail. The 'detail' is the best part about conversations, the moments a spark can be lit between friends or lovers to make a conversation truely satisfying and enjoyable.

I am not using this blog to complain too many people do that already. From now on I choose Life, I choose to go to places I can talk, have the craic. Loud places are now beyond me except for gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment