Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mermaid

Mermaid

Out beyond the breaking waves, Where gulls dive and terns play,

A head appears above the sea, No board in sight, a swimmer free,

I watch the figure appear and fade, On valley and crest that the sea has made,

As it neared the standing depth, Almost out of skin I leapt,

For coming nearer to the shore, I began to notice more and more,

I spy a tail behind the figure, A womans frame getting bigger,

All at once my doubt it fades, What comes towards me is a mermaid,

Calmness descends upon my soul, For once I realise my final role,

As I dove into the sea, Lured by a voice calling me,

I look back once towards the land, And wave goodbye with a final hand,

My final demand, my final wish, To be turned from a man to a fish..

14th November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment